How to edit Ninja Forms Entries from Frontend
NFViews not only let you show entries but you can also edit the entries directly from the frontend.
NOTE: You will need a Developer license of NFViews.
Edit Entry Addon works by pre-filling the form fields with entry data & when you submit the form it will update the existing entry rather then creating new entry.
Steps to Enable Edit Entry in NFViews
- Create a new NFView by navigating to NFViews -> Add New or Edit your existing view.
- Under Submission List add Edit Entry field. This link will automatically get converted to a link where the entry can be edited.
- Now under View Settings -> Edit Entry -> Enter Edit Page Link you have to add the link to the page you have your form in front end.
- Click on the Publish/ Update button.
How to Edit Ninja Forms Entries in Frontend
- Once you have added an ‘Edit Entry’ link in your view then open the view in the frontend.
- Now click on the edit entry link and it will automatically redirect you to the page where you have your form ( the link you added under Edit Entry tab in backend ).
- The form will be prefilled with all the entry data which you can change and submit.
- On form submission it won’t create a new entry instead it will update the existing entry.